This will most likely be the last post for 2013. The year has pass by so quickly that I didn’t really have time to enjoy the moments. I’m trying to recall what is the one significant event that happened on a personal level for this year, there isn’t one that really pops right into my mind.
Nonetheless, I’m still thankful of the following:
- Loi settled well in school. More on that in a separate post.
- We went on a few road trips to Malaysia and came back safely. We enjoyed the trips and is happy that we manage to spend time with my parents too.
- One of the Mafians got married. I’m not closest to her but I know enough of her previous relationship to feel really happy for her that she finally found the one.
- We are generally healthy this year. There are still the occasional coughs and flu, but both us and the kids were generally healthier this year. Probably got to do with the TCM we visit.
In the coming 2014 I still wish for good health not only for us but for everyone. I have only one resolution, that is to be a better parent. Although it’s only one, it’s a tough one. There are many factor contributing to it. For example,
- Spend more quality time with the kids by preparing fun activities with them. Be it at home or outdoors. Being a FTWM is not an excuse
- Improve myself at work. In professional skills so that I add more value and thus (hopefully) bring back more money, which is the main reason I work. But at the same time be efficient so I can knock off on time and spend more valuable waking hours with the kids.
- Read more. Parent or non-parenting related. I’m sure a more knowledgable Mummy is better.
- Be more patient
The list can go on and on. But I shall stop here and hopefully a year from now I can look back at this post and comment on how much I have achieved.
Happy holidays everybody, have a great 2014! “Seeya” next year.