My Life: Day in a Life (D.I.A.L)

Two and a half years ago, I joined MamaJ in her linky to have a peek on a typical working day of my life. Two and a half year later, she called for a blog train on this again. I thought it will be interesting to see how life has changed for me in this two and half years.

The alarm on my phone goes off, I switch it off but couldn’t stay awake…

I jumped out of bed, afraid that I have over slept. I checked the clock and heave a sign of relief to realize only 3 minutes had passed. It’s really time to wake up, brush my teeth and start my MooMoo duty.

The new breastpump i bought although my trusty PISA is still working, but its way too heavy.

To make full use of my time, I watch Korean drama from my smart devices while I pump.

This is what I’m currently watching.

I’m lucky today. I manage to have 3 waves of “let-down” in 45 mins. Yes that is how long I pump in order to have enough milk for TT. Happy with my collection, I left the washing of the parts and bottles to my helper while I bathe and get ready for work.

My mind is not idling during this period. I will run through the day schedule in my head and set myself the tasks I need to complete at work. These daily goals help me stay concentrated and feel accomplished by the end of the day. Normally I still have time after running through the schedule, so I will start thinking about other stuff. Today, I’m formulating this post in my head.

It’s time for round 1 of breakfast!

Breastfeeding makes me hungry, so I need round 1 of breakfast before I head for work

It’s instant oat sweeten with Milo. I read somewhere that oat helped in milk production. But that’s rolled oats, not sure if instant oats can do the same. But I’m too lazy to cook. While I struggle to eat, I will either read or check my Facebook.

Done with breakfast, I go back into the room to check on my 4 lovelies. They are still in this state.

Thats’s how we sleep every night. Poor TT gets tuck into a little corner and I sleep on the mattress between him and Loi (sometimes its Zai).

No choice, I kiss them good bye and leave for work.

While traveling, I check on my Facebook or play a game or two on my devices. Today I was trying to clear a mission in the game Tsum Tsum.

There is a jam again. I’m only 10 minutes away from office. Let’s see how long I will be stuck.

Finally reach office. It’s time to work while I munch on round 2 of breakfast.

Time for MooMoo Duty again.

Lunch time. I usually buy my lunch from our cafe downstairs and lunch-in. While eating,I check facebook or catch up on my blog reading.

Still have time to catch a cat nap before starting on work again.

Round 3 of MooMoo for the day.

Time to knockoff! I manage to accomplish the tasks I set out to do for the day. Happy with my result. While traveling back home, I will either do my studying or write my blog posts. Well, today I’m drafting this post on my smart device.

My iPad is my life saver when it comes to blogging on the go.
My iPad is my life saver when it comes to blogging on the go.

Finally reach home. Round 4 of MooMoo duty.

Again, I leave the bottles and parts for my helper to wash while I shower.

Finally time for dinner, I’m famish. But I still have to work with the boy on his writing or homework. So while I eat at the dining table, he will be beside me doing his writing.

The boy doing his homework.
The boy doing his homework.

Finally its all done. I can play with the kids for a while. Today, its “dinosaur” again. This pretend play is a creation of Zai. It basically involve him throwing all our pillows and bolsters into the corner where TT sleeps and pretend its a nest. He and Loi will then hide in the nest with a blanket covering them to pretend to be “eggs”. While I have to be the Mama dino to lay the eggs and watch them “hatch”. And today, just after they hatch “T-Rex” came and they hide back into their “shell” while we wait for the T-Rex to pass. Ok, their 15 minutes pretend play time is up. TT needs to be nurse and goes to bed.

The making of the "Dinosaur" nest.
The making of the “Dinosaur” nest.

I get the elder two to choose a book each while I nurse TT. I will then read them the book with TT on the nursing pillow. Time is so short nowadays that we can only afford to read a book for each of them every night. After reading, the main lights will be switched off and we will turn on the bedside lamp.

Time for the elder two to drink their milk and get ready for bed. TT has fallen asleep nursing, I put him down and get ready for bed myself.

Zzz… (That is not the end of my day yet.)

Round 5 of MooMoo duty. Finally can sleep after that. Oh no… TT woke up and wants to be nurse…

Finally I can go to bed….

After jotting down my day to day life, I realize that I have been abusing myself by multi-tasking most of the time. Even when bathing I didn’t give my brain much rest, all this in a bid to make “full-use” of my time. Actually, I hope to slow down a bit more, do lesser so that I’m not so busy throughout the day and can’t enjoy it. I’m hoping all these will get better once TT grows older and my MooMoo duty has stopped (well, thats another 10 months down the road).


This post is part of the Day in a Life blog train hosted by Mum in the Making. Click on the button to take a 24 hour peek into the lives of different mummies, or link up with your own post!

Rachael and her family from JahBella
Rachael and her family

Next up on the blog train is Rachael from Growing Up with JahBella.

Rachael is a full-time working mum with 2 kids (Jah – going on 4 and Bella going on 2). As a couple, Rachael and her husband have ticked quite a number of boxes when it comes to dating and marriage challenges. Think a 3 year long distance relationship, an inter-racial marriage and wedding to boot. But no one quite prepared them for the roller-coaster ride, in the form of two super funny, super opinionated, super energetic, and definitely super opposites little versions of themselves! Rachael blogs about her parenting journey, family travels/ experiences and her hilarious conversations with Jah and Bella. Read about her typical Sunday without help, on her blog tomorrow.


11 thoughts on “My Life: Day in a Life (D.I.A.L)

  1. Oh gosh! You are really so busy!! I think mums are really good at multi-tasking, because apparently the female brain at rest is MORE active than the male active brain. Explains a lot, doesn’t it? Heehee

  2. I feel breathless reading about your day! Hats off to you for all that multi-tasking. I often tell myself that the kids will grow up…and easier days are ahead. Jiayou! 🙂

    1. Thanks Ing. I certainly hope so. Sometimes I wish they grow up faster, but most times I wish they grow up slower so I can enjoy their growing up. Ah~ contradicting mommy.

  3. You wake up really early! And work whole day, still have energy to read to them on top of monitoring homework and pump! This is the hard phase I feel, to wake up and pump for baby!!! Kudos! Jiayou! While waiting for this phase to get by, I know what you mean, treasuring the baby phase and then heave a sigh of easier days ahead… : ) All the best!

      1. Totally feel you on the guilty part… lol. We do our best and be content with that. : ) Best within our limits. We’ve got a marathon ahead especially with your lil 3! : ) Jiayou!

  4. Hi, I’m feeling motivated reading how your day goes. Mine is very similar to yours, since I still express milk for by 16-month old. Jia you… for you and other mamas out there with their multi-tasking activities every single minute. *grin*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s